This article discusses the potential benefits of gum chewing. Click here to view the article.
Gum Chewing Questions
1) List 3 health benefits that gum provides.
2) What are a few of the things that researchers are thinking of using gum for?
3) What did the ancient Greek, Mayan, and Native American civilizations chew on?
4) Which ingredient in gum helps to fight cavities?
5) What does chewing gum do that may help raise test scores or perform better on other academic tasks?
6) Why might chewing gum be more effective than pills as a deliverer of medicines?
7) How did the military use gum for its soldiers?
8) How can chewing gum be bad for your health?
9) Can you think of any groups that would be unhappy with the selling of this product? Why do you feel this way?
7) Based on the article, write a persuasive essay to the assistant principal or principal explaining why you feel students should be allowed to chew gum in school.